- We have visited the site of the erosion to see its extent.
- We remain concerned regarding the impact of the erosion on Dawlish Warren and about the impact of any future episodes.
- We await the results of the Environment Agency's own site assessments and their proposals for action.
- We advise visitors to Dawlish Warren to exercise care at the site.
- With ongoing climate change and sea level rises the issues being experienced at Dawlish Warren are likely to become more frequent around the coasts of the UK.
Sea defences exposed at Dawlish Warren
Recent erosion by the sea has exposed sea defences at Dawlish Warren. Parts of a 400m long 'geotube' installed by the Environment Agency in 2017 have now been exposed. This has taken place on land next to (but not on) Devon Wildlife Trust's Dawlish Inner Warren nature reserve.