Moth Recording at Warleigh Point
Tamerton Foliot, Nr Plymouth, Devon, PL5 2SL
About the event
Please try to arrive at the advertised time, take care of your own personal safety and listen to the short introductory briefing by the event organiser, about any hazards in the area such as electric cables, slippery paths etc. Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16.
This is a joint meeting with Devon Wildlife Trust, Devon Moth Group and Devonshire Association.
If the weather looks poor, please contact the leader, Barry Henwood by 6:30pm to check the event is still happening.
Know before you go
What to bring
- A torch (don’t forget to check the batteries are not running low)
- Warm clothing (even if it is a hot day, it can get chilly after dark)
- Suitable footwear (please ask if you are unsure what is suitable)
- Something to drink and perhaps a snack to eat
- Insect repellent (may be useful as mosquitoes can be a pest sometimes)
- Dark glasses (you may wish to bring these as the light from the moth traps is very bright)