A little light is disappearing. Help DWT survey for glow-worms , record your sightings and pop along to an event!
Emergency seabird survey
Take part in a sponsored walk or cycle ride
Devon Wildlife Trust runs over 100 events each year, including walks and talks, open days and a festival. Find out more here.
From our TwitterFollow us...
Springwatch 2012 with Devon Wildlife Trust
Welcome to DWT's Springwatch page - helping you make the most of the season!
Spring is a great time to get out and about and enjoy Devon's wonderful wildlife in all its glorious colours. There is no better time, particularly if you have been inspired by BBC's Springwatch programme to get involved in our work, find out more about wildlife and help with our campaigns!
Try out DWT's five top tips for making the most of this fascinating season:
Five things to do this spring
- Getting excited about Springwatch? Get out there and make the most of the season at one of our spring events. Why not help our glow-worm campaign too and pop along to one of the special events?
- Visit one of DWT's nature reserves. Many look great at this time of year. Spring favourites include Dunsford near Exeter or why not try listening out for nightjars at Bovey Heathfield?
- Do something for wildlife in your garden this season - try some of the tips from our wildlife gardening pages
- Tell us about your sightings of spring wildlife - have you seen birds nesting near your home or butterflies on the wing? Devon Biodiversity Records Centre need to know so we can monitor trends and populations of Devon's best loved creatures
- Upload your spring wildlife photos to our Flickr group and share your love for nature. Why not upload
your photos of Devon wildlife today?
How you can help DWT this spring
- Become a member - add your voice to over 34,000 other wildlife lovers in Devon
- Take part in a walk challenge - celebrate 50 years of Devon Wildlife Trust, walk 23 miles or less, raise
at least £50 for wildlife.
- Adopt a species - adopt a bat, dolphin, hedgehog, dormouse or otter for just £20
Want to keep up-to-date with all the latest news from DWT? Sign up to our e-newsletter!
To find out more about events, volunteering or activities coming up in Devon why not sign up to our enewsletter?
Simply fill in your name and email address at the bottom of this page and you will automatically start receiving newsletters from us. Network News is issued every other month.
This season of activities aimed at engaging people with nature, form part of the legacy offer between Devon Wildlife Trust and the BBC's previous Breathing Places campaign and Springwatch. Please note these activities are not managed by the BBC.