Devon Wildlife Trust runs over 100 events each year, including walks and talks, open days and a festival. Find out more here.
Emergency seabird survey
Take part in a sponsored walk or cycle ride
Giftaid it! If you are a UK taxpayer, please Gift Aid any donation you are able to make to DWT so we can increase the value of your contribution by 25% through tax reclaim (i.e. at no cost to you)
Raise money whilst doing something fun for wildlife by taking part in one of our fundraising events or challenges.
Challenge events 2013
Experience the most dramatic landscapes that Devon has to offer and raise vital funds to keep our county a naturally special place by taking part in one of DWT’s cycling or walking challenges:
- 18 May 2013 - Heart of Dartmoor Cycle Challenge – 50 miles
- 29 June 2013 - East Devon Wild Walk Challenge – 17 miles
Find out more: contact us.
How to raise funds
Set up a dedicated fundraising page on www.virginmoneygiving.com to make your fundraising easier. Using Virgin Money Giving will raise additional funds for DWT by offering your sponsors the opportunity to allow us to claim Gift Aid on their donation.
Other challenge ideas
Why not do something else for wildlife? We have teamed up with charitychallenge.com to offer a range of exciting open adventures and challenges in the UK and abroad which you can take part in. Meet new people, discover new places, and broaden your horizons.
Need inspiration? Here are some ideas to raise money… Every little bit helps
- Swim a few lengths at your local swimming pool
- Walk from one DWT nature reserve to another
- Organise a tea party
- Count as many birds as you can in a month
Here’s what these people did:
- Cycle 770 - Graham Wilson in 2010 cycled 3600 miles through 7 countries in 70 days, all in aid of Devon Wildlife Trust. To find out more visit www.cycle770.blogspot.com
- Land's End to John O'Groats - In 2011 Hannah Gibbons from Devon Biodiversity Records Centre cycled over 900 miles to help wildlife in Devon.
The ideas are endless……
Not able to do a challenge?
Support someone taking part in a DWT challenge. All the money you donate goes directly to helping wildlife in Devon.