Become a member today, and receive Wild Devon, our award winning magazine, three times a year!
Devon Wildlife Trust Local Groups
Join a DWT local group to make a difference in your area and at the same time get to know other people with similar interests.
Local groups are made up of DWT members and volunteers who are actively and enthusiastically involved in spreading the message about wildlife and conservation.
What do local group members do?
They give their time and energy raising awareness about wildlife in their local communities, complementing much of DWT's education and conservation work.
Activities include sharing information, organising events such as walks, talks and fundraising or simply socialising with like-minded people. Practical action has seen local groups busy building barn owl nestboxes, planting trees and building ponds.
Levels of involvement
It is up to you how much you get involved. You can
- Enjoy the events – walks, talks and conservation tasks
- Be a helper – perhaps setting up an event or helping on a flag day
- Become an elected committee member – these are dedicated, friendly volunteers who take responsibility for running the groups
Local Group members often raise funds for or help out with specific projects in their local community, frequently on their nearest DWT nature reserve.
DWT Local Group contacts
NB these volunteers' contact details are ONLY for enquiries specifically to do with the Local Group. For all other volunteer-related enquiries, please contact Dawn Lenn, Volunteers Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barnstaple & District - Joyce Dignam 01271 374324
- Bovey Tracey - John Wych 01626 834399
- East Devon - Gill Thomas 01404 861406
- Exeter - Steve Carroll 07972 175340 (after 7pm)
- Exmouth - Roger Hamling 01395 274766
- Halsdon & Dolton - Diana Goodacre 01805 804278
- South Brent & Ivybridge - John Hodgson 01364 642007
- Tavistock - Sue Boxall 01822 820292
If you live in the Tiverton area you may be interested in the Mid Devon Natural History Society whose headquarters, Roliphant's Farm, is one of DWT's approved farm businesses. www.middevonnaturalhistorysociety.co.uk