EDF Volunteers build a bug hotel for Whipton Barton Junior and Infant School in Exeter (June 2012)
Latest NewsDevon's Nature in Trouble Natural England grants licences for buzzard control
"The team thoroughly enjoyed working with the Devon Wildlife Trust, knowing that their efforts were benefiting an important local project.” Andy Bowers, EDF Energy.
Make Devon your business. Work in partnership with Devon Wildlife Trust for the benefit of the county’s environment and economy.
Please join as a Corporate Supporter.
Team environmental challenges with Devon Wildlife Trust are a fantastic way to contribute to Devon’s wildlife and local communities. The benefits of taking part are mutual:
Benefits to wildlife
• Devon Wildlife Trust receives practical help from highly motivated groups to carry out important habitat management work on our nature reserves
• Organisations and individuals, not often directly involved in wildlife conservation, learn the importance of wildlife
Benefits to your organisation
• A practical contribution towards Devon’s wildlife and your organisation’s Corporate Social Responsibility
• The opportunity to improve team building, communication and learn new skills – outside the everyday working environment
• An enjoyable and rewarding day in an inspirational setting
• The opportunity to work closely with charity staff, conservation experts and volunteers
Where it happens
Corporate volunteering days are run at Devon Wildlife Trust’s nature reserves, of which there are over 40 throughout Devon. We also run days at our head office in Exeter and at Woodah Farm DWT's reserves base.
Type of Work
The ‘classic’ conservation work involves clearing large areas of overgrown scrub (often gorse and bramble) where it is encroaching into unwanted areas of the reserve. At many of our reserves it also involves coppicing trees (cutting them down to create clearings in wooded areas which benefit many species of plants and animals). These tasks are part of detailed habitat management plans that are designed by the reserves officers to maximise biodiversity on the nature reserves.
No Experience Necessary
We will provide tasks designed so that volunteers of all levels of experience can participate. Any training or demonstration necessary will be given on the day. No mechanical equipment is used and a full Health and Safety briefing will be given prior to the task. Each volunteering task will be managed by a trained member of staff.
What to do next
Devon Wildlife Trust is a charity and we charge so we can cover the costs of running team challenge activities. We charge a per-head cost of £20 + VAT to our corporate supporters and £30 + VAT to other organisations.
This cost includes:
• Materials needed for the task (tools, equipment, protective materials, etc)
• Staff time for organisation, preparation and management on the day
We encourage businesses to join as corporate supporters of Devon Wildlife Trust to receive a discounted rate and many other benefits.
For more information please email Phoebe Grubb at Devon Wildlife Trust: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 279244.